Payroll Tax Specialist :-
The Payroll Tax Specialist works with and reports to the People Operations Manager-India. This position is support to the Escalon and Early Growth Payroll department to ensure services offered are registered in that state and to implement, remit and/or resolve state tax filings. The position is based India or US.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with ensuring Escalon/Early Growth and clients are registered and licensed in all states where clients are doing business.
- Research payroll tax variances and assist with tax reconciliation internally and for clients.
- File and remit Federal, State and Local taxes on behalf of Escalon/Early Growth and clients.
- Troubleshoot and resolve tax filing issues.
- Assist team with tax laws, regulations and best practices.
- Analyze internal and client tax requirements as needed.
- Perform ongoing quality audits around internal and client tax system configurations.
- Work with the People Operations Payroll team and client to improve overall tax filing quality and experience.
- Assist in developing and implementing a process and operational document on all payroll tax related activity.
- Meet and interact with the client project team regarding the priorities, timelines and issues/solutions as they arise.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the People Operations Manager.
Must be able to:
- Perform in a very high paced environment
- Ability to learn new applications and processes related to the configuration, calculation and assignment of taxes payroll process.
- Ability to work independently with excellent time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects while completing deadlines in an organized manner
- Excellent problem-solving skills along with keen attention to details.
- Strong written/verbal communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy in every aspect of the job.
- Strong client relationship skills.
Must be proficient in:
- Microsoft Office experience for writing reports, spreadsheets and other software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word (intermediate); Excel (intermediate); PowerPoint.
- Strong Preference in tax filing software such as iSolved, PrismHR, etc.
Advanced knowledge of payroll, payroll tax, tax reporting and remittance, tax correspondence and filing at federal, state and local level.
Required Accounting or Finance Bachelors degree.
Preferred- CPA, CPP and/or FCP preferred
Escalon Business Services Pvt Ltd
Escalon provides one-stop shop for all your essential business services.
Contact Company:Escalon Business Services Pvt Ltd
Address:A 40 A,2nd Floor,SVEPL Building,CO-DEVELOPER QUARK, CITY SEZ,INDUSTRIAL AREA, PHASE 8-B, MOHALI, Punjab, India